Once again, the holiday season is in full swing! I hope you had a restful Thanksgiving, complete with delicious, home-cooked food and sweet moments of gratitude. You may be focusing on Christmas or another December holiday now, engaging in the usual flurry of activities. Gift shopping sprees. Family gatherings (with all their enjoyable and not-so-enjoyable moments). Perhaps you’re feeling sad and lonely this holiday season. That’s definitely possible as well, whether or not you have an active social calendar and a full to-do list.
Are you facing an unexpected pregnancy as we enter the final month of the year? If so, you’re probably feeling overwhelmed by the weight of your circumstances and the pressure of the holidays. Avenue Women’s Center has your back. We’re a first-step pregnancy center with six locations in Chicagoland, Illinois. We offer free, confidential early pregnancy services to help women make confident pregnancy decisions, however they may be coping with the demands of the season.
Learn more about Avenue Women’s Center! We’ve been a trusted community resource since 1981!
Avenue Women’s Center Reviews, November 2023
Maybe you’re wishing for dependable support this December. Maybe, as changes and challenges swirl around you, you’re longing for a safe and calm space to process your circumstances. Avenue Women’s Center can be that for you. We consistently receive feedback that we’re the kind of place where women feel seen and heard. Here are some of the comments we received from individuals who connected with us in November, when we asked them what they liked about their experiences!
- “They are so nice and the environment is so clean and peaceful. Loved their vibes, very positive.”
- “Feeling safe, understood, private & protected. So many resources I would have trouble finding on my own, especially when feeling hopeless.”
- “Jen showed me so much support in my decision and made me understand that my thoughts & emotions are valid.”
- “That they’re willing to help out regardless of the situation and the amount of resources provided.”
- “Jen was very kind and had a calming presence to her. She made me feel safe to share my story.”
- “My visit at Avenue Women’s Center met all of my expectations. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Thank you so much for taking great care of women in need.”
- “How informative she was with educating me as well as personalizing my appointment to feel better about my nerves.”
- “I felt very safe and not scared to share anything at all. She was here for me throughout the texting as well.”
- “I love how caring and supportive they are! I love it here and will be happy and satisfied every visit.”
- “My consultant was phenomenal. Made me feel so at east (ease) and comforted! 11/10!”
- “I felt heard and cared for. The abundance of information I received was excellent. Thank you so much for all that you do!!!”
- “Very caring and personal, answered some of the questions I had about my pregnancy. Would highly recommend.”
Everyone experiences the holiday season differently. Some people find this time of year joyful and uplifting, while others can’t wait to get passed it. Every person’s experience of an unexpected pregnancy is unique as well (although these circumstances tend to be stressful across the board). Rest assured, this difficult period of your life will pass- no matter what you’re facing today. Avenue is here to partner with you on your personal path toward your own best outcome.
Call, text, chat, or email to schedule a visit! We aim to help women make informed and empowered pregnancy decisions through the no-cost pregnancy services we provide. These include medical-grade pregnancy tests, options consultations, and more!
The information provided here is general in nature. It is not a substitute for a consultation with a medical professional. Before any medical procedure, it is imperative that you discuss your personal medical history, risks, and concerns with your doctor. If you have questions during or after a procedure, your doctor should be immediately contacted. Avenue Women’s Center is not an emergency center. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, such as bleeding and/or pain, seek immediate medical attention. Contact your physician, go to an emergency room, or call 911.