If you’re facing an unexpected pregnancy today, this may feel like one of the most stressful situations you’ve ever experienced. Finding the right place to go for support can be almost as overwhelming as dealing with the fallout of this discovery. Fortunately, there are many pregnancy resources available to people who find themselves in your shoes. The most challenging part can be identifying one (or more) that’s a good fit for you, especially in a world where pregnancy decision-making has become an increasingly controversial subject. Be encouraged that the right support is out there!
Are you considering one or more of your pregnancy options: abortion, adoption, and/or parenting? Are you Googling the services you’re interested in, and feeling skeptical about the pregnancy centers, clinics, and other resources popping up in your search results? Our team at Avenue Women’s Center gets it. We’re available to answer your questions with empathy and transparency. Your safety and well-being are our highest priorities.
Questions You May Be Asking Yourself
As you’re scrolling through clinic websites, chances are, lots of questions are coming to mind. Here are two overarching questions that are probably standing out.
- Are the services offered here actually going to help me? How will they help me, if so? (These are valid questions to ask- nobody likes to waste time, after all.)
- Can I trust the people who work here? Will they provide me with accurate information? Will they respect my autonomy and be non-judgmental? Will they support me genuinely, no matter my leanings?
Avenue Women’s Center is a safe space to come for valuable pregnancy help, where you’ll be met with compassion by expert staff members who aim to empower you. We are truly set apart by our capacity to provide quality no-cost services, delivered by attentive and genuine professionals.
What Can I Expect When I Connect with Avenue?
Reaching out to a service or resource for the first time can be intimidating. But knowing what to expect can help ease that anxiety. Our pregnancy consultants and nurses at Avenue Women’s Center are caring everyday people, who are knowledgeable and eager to help. Here’s a concise breakdown of what it will look like to connect with us.
- Upon reaching out, you’ll receive a warm response from an expert team member immediately or promptly. She’ll be available to explain our services, answer your questions, and schedule your appointment at one of our six clinics.
- After scheduling, you’ll receive an appointment confirmation. You’ll have an opportunity to complete the paperwork in advance if you wish to and reach out with any additional questions before the visit.
- On the day of your appointment, you’ll arrive at the clinic and check in. We have comfortable waiting areas, where you can fill out your paperwork if you haven’t done so already. You won’t need to bring anything with you except a form of ID (if you don’t have a valid ID, we can still serve you! Just let us know at the time of scheduling.).
- You’ll be greeted by a pregnancy consultant, who will introduce herself and provide brief instructions for the urine sample/pregnancy test.
- The pregnancy test will show a result within minutes. While you’re waiting, and once the result is clear, you’ll have an opportunity to process your thoughts and feelings with your pregnancy consultant in a private space. She’ll be able to offer holistic and accurate information on your available pregnancy options and resources, and of course, provide caring support. We can offer documentation verifying the pregnancy if your result is positive (this can be used to apply for certain resources).
- If your appointment includes a limited medical ultrasound, and your test is positive, you’ll meet with a licensed nurse and your pregnancy consultant in the ultrasound room. The nurse will explain everything step-by-step, answer your questions, and review your pregnancy options.
- Your pregnancy consultant will continue to follow up and provide ongoing support after your appointment.
All are welcome to bring a guest if they wish to. If you decide to attend with a loved one, we’ll ensure you’re given an opportunity to speak with our staff privately and with your guest, if you’re comfortable including him or her. We accept walk-ins and provide phone and virtual consultations, as well as in-person appointments.
At Avenue Women’s Center, it’s our goal to help you make an informed pregnancy decision with peace of mind. Our early pregnancy services are designed to educate, clarify, and equip. We would encourage any person who’s facing an unexpected pregnancy to gather comprehensive information about her pregnancy, options, and available resources, so she can lean into her best outcome with confidence.
Schedule a visit today! We’re located in Darien, Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn / Lombard, Naperville, West Chicago, and Wood Dale, Illinois!
The information provided here is general in nature. It is not a substitute for a consultation with a medical professional. Before any medical procedure, it is imperative that you discuss your personal medical history, risks, and concerns with your doctor. If you have questions during or after a procedure, your doctor should be immediately contacted. Avenue Women’s Center is not an emergency center. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, such as bleeding and/or pain, seek immediate medical attention. Contact your physician, go to an emergency room, or call 911.