Here at Avenue Women’s Center, we often see clients who are not prepared to be pregnant again after an abortion, miscarriage or the recent birth of a baby. Many times, these women state that they are not ready or “it’s just not the right time.” It is not unusual for women who have recently gone through a pregnancy to believe they cannot get pregnant again right away and end up with an unwanted “surprise.”
If you find that you are pregnant again and not ready, Avenue Women’s Center has free services to help you explore your options. Please contact us today and connect with one of our client advocates to discuss your situation in a confidential, safe and judgment-free environment.
Facts about getting pregnant again:
According to ACOG (The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) some women can:
- “ovulate and become pregnant as soon as two weeks after an early pregnancy loss” (or miscarriage)
- “become pregnant soon after an abortion, even before your period returns”
- “become pregnant before you even have your first postpartum period, which can occur as early as four weeks after giving birth or as late as 24 weeks after baby”
What if you ARE pregnant again:
Remember that each new pregnancy requires a new pregnancy decision. If your best option was to have an abortion a few months ago, that doesn’t automatically mean that you need to have another abortion now. If you recently gave birth, it isn’t true that you have to go through with another pregnancy. It is important not to rush yourself and risk making a decision you might later regret.
Please come to Avenue Women’s Center. We’ve noticed that women who find themselves pregnant again are often feeling embarrassed about their situation. Not at Avenue Women’s Center. Here, you will experience a warm, supportive environment. We provide private consultations with consultants who truly care about you and your situation. You can talk through your pregnancy options with an experienced professional and receive the information needed to take the next steps.
If you are concerned you might be pregnant again and would like to talk with one of our caring client advocates about your situation, we have five convenient DuPage County locations – Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn / Lombard, Naperville, West Chicago, and Wood Dale, Illinois. Please contact us by call, text, email, or chat to get started with our free and confidential services!
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynocologists (ACOG). (2015, August). Early Pregnancy Loss. Retrieved from: https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Early-Pregnancy-Loss#soon
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynocologists (ACOG). (2015, May). Induced Abortion. Retrieved from: https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Induced-Abortion
- What to Expect. (2017, May). How Soon Can You Get Pregnant after Giving Birth? Retrieved from: https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/how-soon-can-you-get-pregnant-after-giving-birth/
Reviewed by Patricia Kuenzi, APN-CNP, MSN, ANP, PNP.
The information provided here is general in nature. It is not a substitute for a consultation with a medical professional. Before any medical procedure, it is imperative that you discuss your personal medical history, risks, and concerns with your doctor. If you have questions during or after a procedure, your doctor should be immediately contacted. Avenue Women’s Center is not an emergency center. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, such as bleeding and/or pain, seek immediate medical attention. Contact your physician, go to an emergency room, or call 911.