Everything changes…and while not all change is good, we’re pretty excited about this one! CareNet DuPage/PregnantHelp is changing our name to Avenue Women’s Center!
Avenue Women’s Center is the same non-profit organization that has been serving DuPage County and surrounding areas for over 37 years. We provide many services relevant for women who are facing unplanned pregnancy such as medical-grade pregnancy tests and pregnancy options consultations. Contact us today for an appointment at one of our five locations: Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn / Lombard, Naperville, West Chicago, and Wood Dale, Illinois.
The good news is, we offer the same services in the same locations, but with a fresh new look!
- We are still offering no-cost confidential pregnancy services, including medical grade pregnancy tests.
- We still have five convenient locations in DuPage County (Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn / Lombard, Naperville, West Chicago, and Wood Dale, Illinois).
- We are still easy to reach by phone call, text, email, or live chat.
- We are still a small, woman-led non-profit with a vision for helping each individual client find her own best path.
What IS changing?
- Just the name of our organization!
Our new name more accurately represents our commitment to providing professional services focusing on women as complete individuals. We hope women in our community will find our new name easy to remember and will feel more comfortable telling their friends about us.
As we’re looking ahead to providing more services in the second part of 2018, we also want to celebrate what we’ve done so far!
- From January to June in 2018 we provided over 400 free pregnancy tests!
- Many women said they looked us up online, heard about us from a friend or family member, or had worked with us before.
- We served women from 88 Chicago-area cities along with a handful of women from out of state (we love helping women connect to resources in our area, but since we don’t have any residency requirements we are happy to meet with women who are traveling for work, play, or any reason at all).
Comments like this one from a July client make us smile:
I felt very comfortable with being able to open up about my concerns & beliefs without feeling judged. I felt comfortable the entire process & appreciate the patience and info given to me.
Our hope is that our new name will communicate our professional yet comfortable and non-judgmental services to our community so that the second part of 2018 can be a great as the first!
Are you concerned that you might be pregnant or have you taken a positive pregnancy test at home? Let Avenue Women’s Center be the first step in your decision-making process. Our caring client advocates are here to provide support and information in a nonjudgmental, comfortable environment as you figure out the decision that is best for you. Call, chat, email, or text for an appointment today. We would love to hear from you!The information provided here is general in nature. It is not a substitute for a consultation with a medical professional. Before any medical procedure, it is imperative that you discuss your personal medical history, risks, and concerns with your doctor. If you have questions during or after a procedure, your doctor should be immediately contacted. Avenue Women’s Center is not an emergency center. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, such as bleeding and/or pain, seek immediate medical attention. Contact your physician, go to an emergency room, or call 911.