Is there a time in your life when you would have described yourself as “courageous?” Chances are, you’re not remembering a time when you were doing something mundane like grocery shopping or cleaning your house. Courage is something that is discovered in times of crisis. It is built through moments of danger or fear.
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, it may be time for you to make some courageous decisions for yourself. Let us help. Avenue Women’s Center is a women’s limited medical clinic that provides services geared towards unplanned pregnancy. We have encountered many courageous women just like you over the past 36 years. Contact us today for your free pregnancy consultation and your next courageous step.
Courage is not something that we just “come by” but is often built or developed in our lives. What are some steps we could take right now to help cultivate courage?
- Remember your worth: You are unique and valuable. You deserve the best. You don’t have to accept the first solution that is presented to you. Stand up for yourself.
- Build positivity: You can do this! You have faced challenges before and survived. Surround yourself with reminders of your strength. What makes you feel strong? My friend went through a serious medical scare and still keeps a reminder on her phone. She made it through that and she can make it through today’s challenges as well.
- Remember who you are: Last month, you had certain dreams and plans for your life. Those goals and dreams are still there. You are going to get through this season. Your dreams are still within reach, the path to get to them just may look different than before.
- Assess your needs: What is uniquely important to you? Identifying those things can be really challenging, especially if a trusted person is pressing in a certain direction. It’s easier to move forward confidently when you know your needs.
- Recognize the choices you do have: You might feel powerless in this moment, but you do have a range of possible options. Take time to explore everything that’s available to you, and move forward with confidence.
- Seek your support person: No one ever needs to go through a pregnancy decision alone – or surrounded by unsupportive people. Consider contacting us. Each Avenue Women’s Center client is matched with a personal case manager – one person who will provide genuine care and nonjudgmental support as you get through this time.
At Avenue Women’s Center, we help build courageous women by:
- Presenting options
- Providing genuine one-on-one support
- Ensuring a positive, nonjudgmental environment
- Respecting individuals
- Empowering women to move forward in her life plans
Avenue Women’s Center is here to help. Contact us today for your free pregnancy consultation with one of our caring client advocates. Don’t navigation this decision alone. We can help provide you with the resources you need to make a decision you can stand behind. Call, text, chat or email to set up an appointment at one of our five DuPage County locations. We look forward to hearing from you!
The information provided here is general in nature. It is not a substitute for a consultation with a medical professional. Before any medical procedure, it is imperative that you discuss your personal medical history, risks, and concerns with your doctor. If you have questions during or after a procedure, your doctor should be immediately contacted. Avenue Women’s Center is not an emergency center. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, such as bleeding and/or pain, seek immediate medical attention. Contact your physician, go to an emergency room, or call 911.